This card allows you to add Fast USB 2.0 and FireWire Support to any computer
with a PCI bus. Virtually every motherboard manufactured after 1995 have
the PCI slots and can use this card.
The card uses VIA chipsets which are the best and most compatible on the market.
The interface is USB 2.0 and is also fully down-compatible with USB 1.0 and USB 1.1
devices. The FireWire interface is compatible with the external storage and digital
The card comes in a nice color package and includes drivers for Windows
98, 2000, ME and XP. It has 4 external USB 2.0 ports, 2 external FireWire ports
plus 1 internal USB 2.0 port and 1 internal FireWire port. The package also includes
drivers CD and FireWire cable
Internal firewire port is available as 8-pin header (for internal wire connection)
and as a regular firewire plug. Internal USB port is also available as pins: 5-pin
black header and as a standard USB plug. To supply higher power on the
USB2 plugs, the card also has an extra power connector. The connector can
attach to standard 3.5" floppy drive power socket coming from the power supply.
Internal USB Pinout (picture above)
1. GND 2. +Data 3. -Data 4. Not Connected 5. +5V
Internal Firewire Pinout (picture above)
1. Not Connected 2. Not Connected 3. GND 4. +5V
5. TPB+ 6. TPB- 7. TPA+ 8. TPA-
If you need just a high-speed USB2.0 and don't need FireWire, please check our
USB2.0 card without FireWire and save money, however this is BY FAR
the best deal available considering all the ports on this card.
- VIA VT6212L chipset for USB (better than 6202)
- VIA VT6306 chipset for Firewire
- Plug & Play setup
- 100% support of full USB2.0 speeds of 480Mbps
- 100% compatible with slower USB1.1 & USB1.0 devices
- 100% support of Fast IEEE1394 speed of 400Mbps
- Compliant with OHCI Spec for USB rev 1.0a
- 32-bit 33MHz PCI compliant
- Supports PCI power management
- Supports device hot-swap and wakeup
- 4 external USB and 2 external Firewire ports
- 1 internal USB (2 connector types) port
- 1 internal Firewire (2 connector types) port
- Drivers included for Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP
- Includes a standard 5-foot Firewire (6-pin host to 4-pin mini) cable
We recommend to use this card with Windows 2000 or Windows XP
which have the latest Service Packs installed. If you do not have at least SP4 on
Windows 2000 or SP2 on Windows XP - this card may not operate correctly.
Click here to download Windows 2000 SP4 from Microsoft.
Click here to download Windows XP SP2 from Microsoft.