Direct replacement for Gateway Laptop Hard Drive 2.5" to 3.5" IDE Adapter Board
Laptop IDE adapter board - single piece durable design
This adapter allows to connect a laptop IDE Hard Drive (mini 44pin)
directly to a desktop IDE cable (40 pin).
A must have for laptop hard drive cloning backup or recovery.
WORKS WITH ALL LAPTOP DRIVES
(Acer, Apple, Compaq, DELL, Fujitsu, Gateway, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, ...)
Also works for all OS Versions (DOS, Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista..., Linux, Mac)
If you just need a permanent laptop drive hookup inside a desktop
or a 3.5" slot - please check our adapter kits with rails.
Please note that all of such IDE adapters are deisgned to work
directly connected to IDE cable and power supply. They may not work
in some removable trays that support "hot swapping". If you need to use
this adapter inside a tray, please contact us
about our custom modified Genica Trays that work with such adapters.
1. Leave your desktop system drive in PRI MASTER
2. connect laptop drive to SEC channel
3. Make sure no other devices attach to SEC cable
4. In this config - laptop drive will be SEC MASTER
5. Boot into BIOS and autodetect the new configuration
6. Either leave in auto-detect for all 4 drives or go through all 4
7. Make sure SEC MASTER is Autodetect or set for laptop drive
8. Make sure SEC SLAVE is set to NONE
9. Boot into your OS (from PRI MASTER)
* If laptop drive has XP NTFS partitions; and desktop OS is Win2K - you may
experience bluescreens. XP NTFS partitions are more advanced.
You may need to upgrade your Win2K host to WinXP to be able to access
such XP NTFS partitions.
PIN 1 should follow from the IDE cable through
the adapter to the drive as shown on this picture:
Most laptops have a slide-in attachment on the mini-IDE hard drive connector.
That attachment is not permanently connected and should be detached before
using the adapter. Picture below demonstrates the most common attachment
used with HP and DELL laptops:
IMPORTANT: You must connect this
adapter correctly as shown on the picture above. Incorrect connection
will damage the drive. Please follow the diagram for proper connection.
Pin 1 must follow through IDE cable to the laptop drive as indicated.
Master/Slave pins must never be connected or spanned by the adapter.
Compatible with all of the following: