This card allows you to add Fast USB 2.0 and FireWire Support to any
laptop with a PCMCIA or CardBus slot. All AMD K6, Pentium 2 and higher
laptops have such port. Exactly as pictured below
The card comes in a nice color package and includes drivers for Windows
98, 2000, ME and XP. It has 2 external USB 2.0 ports, 2 external FireWire ports
and a connector for extra power. A cable to get extra power from your existing
USB port is provided. Also a Firewire standard to mini cable is provided.
Extra Power Cable
Most devices such as keyboard, mice, printer, flash drive, phone, PDA or anything that
has its own power will not need the use of the extra power cable included in the package.
You may have to use that cable if you need to connect devices that require a lot of power
directly from the USB port, such as USB enclosures for laptop drives.
- PCMCIA CardBus Card with 2 USB2.0 and 2 Firewire ports
- Driver CD
- Extra USB power cord
- 4ft Firewire cable (as pictured)
Please check our PCMCIA USB cards if you don't need FireWire support
- Plug & Play setup
- VIA VT6214L + VT6306 chipsets
- 100% support of full USB2.0 speeds of 480Mbps
- 100% compatible with slower USB1.1 & USB1.0 devices
- 100% support of Fast IEEE1394 speed of 400Mbps
- Compliant with OHCI Spec for USB rev 1.0a
- 32-bit CardBus PCMCIA compliant
- 2 external USB ports
- 2 external FireWire ports
- 1 external power connector (for extra power to USB ports)
- Drivers included for Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP
- Includes a standard 4-foot Firewire (6-pin host to 4-pin mini) cable
We recommend to use this card with Windows 2000 or Windows XP
which have the latest Service Packs installed. If you do not have at least SP4 on
Windows 2000 or SP2 on Windows XP - this card may not operate correctly.
Click here to download Windows 2000 SP4 from Microsoft.
Click here to download Windows XP SP2 from Microsoft.