This USB Parallel Port Printer Adapter allows you to connect a standard printer
to your USB port. Comes in retail pack with drivers on CD.
This adapter allows fast printing, bi-directional communication support, and is
USB1.1 compliant for reliable operation with all USB ports: USB 1.0 USB 1.1 and USB 2.0.
The cable is 6 feet in length.
It also supports wireless printing via Apple AirPort
Express unit with most printers. You will need to install
Apple AirPort drivers with "Bonjour" software provided on CD. Then
connect to the AirPort unit from your computer and find the printer
from the "Bonjour" software.
to read more about Apple AirPort Express.
DRIVERS: Included on the CD. Not required for Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
These Windows versions have USB Printing support. You can follow these installation
1. connect the USB/Printer cable to your printer
2. connect the other end to the computer
3. You will see "Found new hardware" popup
4. Windows 2000 / XP will install the drivers automatically
5. If your printer is Plug & Play - it should appear in your
Printer Settings by itself.
6. In Device Manager you will not see a port created for this USB device,
but you will see "USB Printing Support" under USB device.
7. In the printer settings, you will see that the printer is connected to
the "USB00#" port with description of "Virtual printer port"
click here to see images related to installation
Again, Windows 2000 and Windows XP does not need drivers from the CD installed